Sunday, June 12, 2011

Tips on photography 1: Camera Types

Hellloooooooooooooooo peeeeeeeeeeeeepssss!!!
How's life you olzz??? :P
Today I'm gonna start writing on things that some of you may deem interesting (MAYBE only lah!)
It's all about photography!  
 Yeah, today I'm gonna talk on one of my greatest hobbies. And I wanna share the little information that I have. (Bukan nak belagak pandai tetapi hanya hendak berkongsi)
Yeah, all of us can take pictures using the auto mode on ANY camera, but for me, I'd prefer using the manual override mode so that I can control my camera 100% 
:D
Before I get into the technical stuff, I think I should start by explaining the types of common cameras available. There are:

1- Single Lens Reflex (SLR) cameras
2- Digital Single Lens Reflex (DSLR) cameras
3- Phone cameras
4- Point and shoot (compact) cameras
5- Twin Lens Reflex cameras
6- Box cameras
7- Video Cameras
8- Rangefinder cameras
annnnnnnnnnnnddd many more! ;D
And the most commonly used are number 1 to number 4. With Point and shoot cameras rank most in the market, DSLR cameras are gaining popularity as their prices are crumbling down.
Nowadays, its becoming commonplace to see event school kids owning their own private DSLR.
The picture above, really ticks me off. It's getting so easy for kids to own their own DSLR while during my time, I had to work my butt off just for two painstaking years just to own an entry-level DSLR. 
demn. HAHA
But, yeah, main point here is that DSLR's are getting cheaper by the day. :)

Ok, all the types of camera systems mentioned above are simple to understand, but there are some complications for DSLR's and SLR's

For one thing, SLR's are 35mm film cameras. (why 35 mm is chosen, I don't know) 
HAHA
So, SLR's have excellent image quality, and the ISO sensitivity (will be explained in the next post) is the film itself. As of their DSLR counterparts, this is where things get complicated. There are many formats:
1- 35mm for full frame cameras (nikon FX and canon)
2- APS-H (canon)
3- APS-C (Sony, Pentax, Sigma, Samsung and Nikon DX)
4- APS-C (canon)
5- Four-thirds system

These are arrange in descending size of the sensor, with increasing crop factor.
Easier said, the bigger the sensor, the greater the image quality with some drawbacks such as price and increased vignetting. But that can be settled :)

Thats all for today, wait for the next post.
Toodles peeep! :D

P/S: To that special someone out there, sy taw awk tgh bace, yes you, yg tgh sengih sorang2 kat depan laptop tu, sengihan awk comel la. tgk tu, sengih lagi, haihhhh, rindu tgk awk sengih. just so you know, I love you. :P
HAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment